New UC Riverside students may submit their picture to be used on their own ID Card. In order to have your ID card ready for you upon your arrival, please submit a color snapshot showing a full front view of your head and shoulders according to the requirements shown on this site.
By submitting this photo for your ID Card you agree this photo may be used by UC Riverside for educationally related and/or official university business. Please contact the Card Office if you have questions about this policy at (951)827-2273 or email us at email@example.com.
To begin, click on the “Get Started Now” button located on the Home page.
The above photos represent acceptable photos. If you prefer, you can have your photo taken by one of the many retail establishments offering passport photo services. Many of them are able to provide you with a digital copy of the photo which you can then easily upload to our system.
When taking your photo, please use the following as guidelines to ensure your photo is accepted:
- Expression should be natural
- Subject's head should be positioned face forward (no side angles)
- Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used by the subject
- No Hats or Sunglasses
- Glare on eyeglasses can usually be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head
- Background should be a solid color preferably blue, beige or white
- Include headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; they should not obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
- The entire face should be in focus
- No red eye or flash reflection
- Do not have any other object or person in the picture
- Photo must be in color
- Photo must be taken in the last 6 months
- See examples of well-composed/unacceptable photos
Have your picture taken, according to the diagram below:
Once you have reviewed the detailed instructions and have a properly formatted photo,
you will proceed to Step 2. You will have the ability to crop your photo if needed.
This page displays your account information used by MyPhoto:
Your R’Card is your official University ID and will display your name as recorded in the Student Information System. If this appears incorrect, do not proceed and contact the Card Office at (951)827-2273 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Click on the “Choose File” button to browse for the photo. This will launch a dialog box in your browser. You can select the location of your file. Once you have selected the photo’s file location, select it by clicking on the “Open” button in the dialog box.
- Click the “CONTINUE TO STEP 3” button to upload your photo to the system.
If needed, you can use this on-line tool to crop or resize your photo. After you
are finished, you will be able to compare your photo with a sample provided. If you are satisfied, continue to Step 4. You can
also remove the file and start over.
Click on the button that says “Continue to Step 4”
Step 4 will display a sample of photo. Compare the sample photo with your ID Card shown with your uploaded photo.
Does your photo look like the given example?
- Click on the radio button that answers the following question:
- If you selected yes, continue to the next paragraph that explains your acceptance
and understanding of submitting your photo using this on-line tool.
- If you selected no, continue to the next paragraph and click “continue to step 5” and you will have the opportunity to load a new photo.
Click on the box that says “Submit Photo”. This will submit the uploaded photo to the UCR ID Card system.
Upload a photo of your Government ID – Driver’s license or Passport Identification Page.
Click on the “Choose File” button to browse for your Government ID photo. On mobile devices it will start your camera or open the file explorer app. If you’re using a computer, this will launch a dialog box in your browser. You can snap a picture with your mobile device or select the location of your file. Once you have selected the photo’s file location, select it by clicking on the “Open” button in the dialog box.
- Click the “Continue to Step 6” button to upload your photo to the system.
If needed, you can use this on-line tool to rotate, crop or resize your photo. After you are finished you will be able to compare your photo with a sample on Step 4. Please edit your photo now, remove the file and start over, or if you are satisfied, click the "Continue to Step 7" button.
- Click the “Continue to Step 7” button.
Step 7 will display a sample driver’s license ID card and preview of your government ID photo. Compare the sample ID photo with your uploaded ID photo shown. Your government ID photo must show clear, legible information to verify your identity. This information will be deleted from the system once your photo submission is approved.
- Click on the button that answers the following question
Does your government ID clearly show the information to verify your identity as the given example? Yes or No
- If you selected yes, continue to the next paragraph that explains your acceptance and understanding of submitting your photo using this on-line tool. You must select the check box by clicking in the box to continue with the photo upload process.
I have reviewed the necessary requirements of the government ID photo. I understand that if I submit a photo that does not meet the requirements or is improperly formatted, my application may be delayed until a suitable photo is resubmitted
If your photo has been uploaded successfully, a confirmation message will display that will contain your tracking number as shown below:
Thank you for submitting your photo to the UCR ID Card Photo Upload Site.
Your photo has been successfully uploaded to our database.
You will be provided a tracking number to track the status of your photo.